Friday, January 27, 2012

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
(2012) [Trailer]
Directors: Tim Heidecker (IMDB), Eric Wareheim (IMDB)

I saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago and I must say, I was quite excited. I love Tim and Eric Awesome Show and to see them in a full length movie with the addition of Will Ferrell, John C Reilly, and Zach Gallafaihdphdfdjhus seemed amazing. Was it? Read on, I will tell you.

The plot is pretty straight forward. Tim and Eric get a billion dollars to make a movie. They make it and it sucks. The studio heads get pissed and want their money back. Tim and Eric see a commercial on TV to manage a failing mall, in doing so, they will make a billion dollars and be able to pay back their studio. The mall is a piece of shit and they soon realize they won't make any money.

This movie wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. There's tons of hilarious stuff, don't get me wrong... but... a lot of misfires too. I absolutely felt like John C Reilly was under used. I don't think I laughed at anything involving him. Will Ferrell's parts weren't that memorable either, only slightly better then John C. The movie was really great up to the point when they arrive at the mall, then it was kind of flat for me with the exception of a few parts.

If you're a fan of the show, you'll either love this, or be somewhere in the middle on it... like myself. Non fans will fucking hate this, AKA my wife. So be warned non fans, or take a chance, maybe you'll become a follower... who knows?

It's available now on VOD/iTunes for $9.99 http://itun.es/iSH6rY Check it out for yourself and be the judge.



2 comments: