Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Grey

The Grey
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Joe Carnahan (IMDB)

We're all gonna die. Each and every one of us. It's just a matter of when and where. Dying scares the shit out of me, and I hope I don't go anytime soon. I also hope I don't go out like any of the dudes in The Grey.

The Grey is about a group of oil miners who crash land in the middle of no where Alaska. After the wreckage Liam Neeson and the rest of the survivors take shelter inside the remains of their plane. They soon realize they're not alone. Turns out they landed right in the middle of a kill zone near the edge of a wolf den. Slowly things turn ugly as they have to fight off the wolves and try to stay alive.

I seriously loved this movie, it was right up my alley. It looks fantastic and is beautifully shot. It's suspenseful as shit, and takes the genre of the survival flick up to the next level. It's a very direct look at facing death, and it harkens back to this metaphor over and over throughout the film. There's so many cool scenes in this movie I want to share, but I don't want to ruin it for you.... okay just one. The plane crash scene, it's so rad, the way they yank Liam from his dream is awesome and packs a hell of a punch. Good stuff, definitely recommend you check this out before it leaves the theaters.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my gripe with every Liam Neeson character as of late....THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY ALL THE SAME CHARACTER hahaha! Liam is a person (the only person mind you) with whatever quality/skills that will allow him to reunite with someone whom he has become separated from (either by physical distance or psychological issues) and he repeatedly will speak to his distant love and use that as motivation to keep pushing forward against all odds while employing short, raspy-voiced sentences so that everyone understands he means business when he barks orders at the other people in the movies. The End.
    :^{)]
    Mike Kelleher

    ReplyDelete