Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cloud Atlas


Cloud Atlas
(2012) [Trailer]
Directors: Andy Wachowski (IMDB), Lana Wachowski (IMDB), Tom Tykwer (IMDB)

They should have hired Eddie Murphy for this movie.

Synopsis: We are all connected... each other's actions affect another in the past, present and future... or at least I think that's what this movie was trying to spit out.

I really dug this film, but I must say it's one I think I need to rewatch. It's extremely ambitious and very epic... which you might  have been able to gather by looking at the film's run time. I referenced Eddie Murphy earlier because he is the king at playing multiple rolls in one movie, which pretty much everyone in Cloud Atlas does. It's a cool idea and fairly well executed. I thought everyone also did a great job with their roles, the stand outs being Hugo Weaving, Jim Broadbent and Tom Hanks. The special effects were superb and are what you would expect from the Wachowskis. The negatives for me would be the interweaving story lines, they are all over the place and some felt more relavant than others to the overall plot. Again, I think on a rewatch it might help solidify everything... plus I was about 10 minutes late which could have possibly helped with wrapping my head around everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment