Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Last Stand


The Last Stand
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Jee-woon Kim [IMDB]

Arnold's back baby! The Governator officially dropped out of politics and has returned to the acting game. This is his first leading role and I was eager to see my boy back on the big screen in an action flick.

Synopsis: The sheriff of a small border town gets unexpected company when a drug cartel on the run decides to stop by for a visit.

The Last Stand is a suitable action film. It's not too bad and worth a poke if you're looking to zone out for a bit and have some fun at the movies. Knowing what Jee-woon Kim is capable of, I was hoping for a little better, but I wasn't disappointed either.

Arnold is okay and gets by on his usual schtick. His one liners weren't too amazing and some of his dialogue seemed a bit stale. I enjoyed seeing a lot of good character actors... mainly Luis Guzman, Harry Dean Stanton and Peter Stormare. I could have done without the lame quasi love story between the girl cop and the inmate. The drug lord was a little forgettable and seemed like an uninspired choice to me.

At the end of the day (or end of the review, if you will) The Last Stand gets by on good action, Arnold, and a solid supporting cast... I'd recommend it if you're a fan of Mr Schwarzenegger and guns.



No comments:

Post a Comment