Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice
(1988) [Trailer]
Director: Tim Burton (IMDB)

I have seen this movie too many times to count. I've owned it on every format... blu-ray, DVD, and VHS (sorry, I never had a laser disc player.) I have a good deal of it memorized, so as I'm sure you can tell, my review will be favorable.

Betelegeuse is a star in the Orion constellation and is considered a Red Supergiant. It shines bright in the night sky... Beetlejuice is a movie starring Michael Keaton, and directed by Tim Burton. Beetlejuice involves a couple of recently diseased ghosts... I mean recently deceased ghosts who are trying to rid their house of new tenants after their passing. The new tenants are yuppies from NYC and aren't falling for their ghost bullshit. So the ghosts call upon Beetlejuice, a bio-exorist, to help move out the new house guests.

Tim Burton's masterpiece encompasses everything I love about movies. The art direction, set pieces, and practical effects are amazing. The story is weird and interesting. Keaton's performance as Beetlejuice is awesome, dare I say the best thing he's ever done. Let's not forget, Danny Elfman's score is so rad, I couldn't imagine any other music accompanying this film. Beetlejuice is a real good time and still holds up just as much as my first viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment