Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Avengers


The Avengers
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Joss Whedon (IMDB)

You might be reading this and thinking... wait didn't I see a review about The Avengers on here already... and you would be right. My brother Steve posted his review a few days ago and you can read it right HERE, but I didn't sit through hours of Marvel movies in culmination for this film, not to write a review... so here's my take on the block bustin beast known as The Avengers.

Synopsis: Don't you already know by now?

Where to start... don't believe the hype, this movie is SHIT!

I kid... It was pretty good.

First the bad. I think it has some serious pacing issues. It starts very slow and I found it a bit boring for the first 30 to 40 minutes, then when the first main battle takes place on the air ship it starts to get good. There's another lull in action then it pick back up towards the end. I also found the plot a little stale and not very complex, which in a way I don't mind for this kind of movie.

Now the good. I did enjoy the dialog a lot and found the chemistry between all the characters to be genuine. I thought the action scenes were top notch and well executed. Joss Whedon did a great job weaving in all the heroes in a way that gave them all they're own spot light. Out of all the Hulks, Mark Ruffalo is the best, hopefully they'll keep him. I want some chicken shawarma.

I think this film does a good job at delivering a fun time at the movies. You get a pop corn and a soda, sit back and blank out... isn't that what we all want, just to turn it all off... the weight of this wretched life... sucking anything I have of a soul left out of me... TURN IT OFF, TURN IT OFF!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment