Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stargate


Stargate
(1994) [Trailer]
Director: Roland Emmerich (IMDB)

Synopsis: Earthlings find a secret gateway to another planet that lays halfway across the universe.

I hadn't seen this movie in awhile and I forgot a lot of it. I remembered really loving it back then, but I also really loved Earth Crisis... so that doesn't say much about my tastes. I can say after watching Stargate again last night I feel about the same way as I felt after listening to that Earth Crisis song again... IT'S SHIT!

I'm kidding... it's not shit, it's still a pretty fun film. It looks great and the effects hold up, it's especially pleasant on blu-ray. Kurt Russell is rad as always, James Spader looks like my friend Eric... here see for yourself. For me Stargate really starts to wear out it's welcome about an hour and a half in. I don't know if it was because I was drunk or bored, but it felt way too long. I did watch the extended version, maybe that was a mistake. I would say if you're into sci-fi, definitely seek this out... if you're not into sci-fi, you're a wanker.


No comments:

Post a Comment