Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Expendables 2


The Expendables 2
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Simon West (IMDB)

Synopsis: Stallone and crew go up against an enemy who has gotten ahold of some plutonium.... lots of people blow up. Not from the plutonium, from Stallone and crew's guns.

I liked the first installment of this franchise and I pretty much enjoyed part two about the same, but maybe a little less. It's apparent draw is that it employs every action star ever under one roof. I felt like they could have trimmed out a few people that really didn't add much to it... mainly Chuck Norris (who had the personality of a brick wall in this), the girl, and also Jet Lee. There are a lot of cheesy one liners, mostly from Schwarzenegger, and while I enjoyed many of them, they were painfully obvious.

This best thing about this is the violence. It's gory as hell and like I said earlier.... people get blown up left and right. There are tons of guns, explosions, tanks, gunships, and lots of people getting knifed. I'd say one of my highlights is Jason Statham's fight scene in the church-- it was pretty incredible.

This film is pretty much exactly what I expected it would be and I feel like I got my money's worth.


No comments:

Post a Comment