Monday, January 28, 2013

Hitchcock


Hitchcock
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Sacha Gervasi [IMDB]

My radical wife recently gifted me the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection containing 14 of his films on glorious baby blu! I recently watched all of them (I know, no life, right?) and reviewed them HERE. After getting my Hitchcock fill, I decided to check out this bio pic and learn a little more about the master of suspense.

Synopsis: This story focuses on Hitchcock's relationship with his wife during the making of Psycho.

Hitchcock (this film, not the man) wasn't all that impressive. It actually doesn't shed too much light on anything and spends most of it's time focused on the story of Hitchcock's marriage... which really wasn't too strained or interesting. I was hoping to learn a lot more about the behind the scenes of Psycho, and while that's present in this movie, there's just not enough time spent with it. Anthony Hopkins pulls off a decent Hitchcock, but the dialogue is pretty corny at times. There are a few cringe worthy moments, I was surprised someone didn't call the writers out on their bullshit. Scarlett Johansson is an after thought and really left no impression on me, normally I love her. I was just really indifferent about this and wouldn't recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment