Sunday, January 6, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty


Zero Dark Thirty
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Kathryn Bigelow [IMDB]

This title topped a lot of folks best of lists this year and I was hoping to squeeze it in before I posted mine, but that was not the case. Eitherway, I wanted badly to check this title out and got the chance to tonight... so here it is.

Synopsis: A dramatization of the hunt to track down and kill Osama Bin Laden.

So... I'm afraid even if Zero Dark Thirty made the deadline for my best of 2012 list, it would have ranked pretty low. I did enjoy this film and it's a sold procedural, but I wasn't mesmerized by it like everyone seems to be. It's a little slow to roll out and the last act is probably the best part of the film. Jessica Chastain was good and it was pretty cool to see Coach Taylor in there too. I think her character was a little too one note for me and there didn't seem to be a lot of depth to her. She was like a person on a mission, executing that mission and that's all that's there. I was into Zero Dark Thirty and entertained by it, but it just didn't feel really memorable or impactful.


No comments:

Post a Comment