Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Casablanca

Casablanca
(1942) [Trailer]
Director: Michael Curtiz [IMDB]

Casablanca is a pretty classic film and par the course for any film fan to check out at some point in their life. I rather enjoyed Casablanca the first time I saw it, but now I have the 70th anniversary edition on blu-ray, so it's going to be even better.

Synopsis: Two old lovers are thrusted back into each others lives as they try to figure out how to make it out of Casablanca during WWII.

Casablanca is a fantastic movie and extremely watchable. It's is a film about love and transformation. At no moment during it's run time was I thinking to myself, I wish this thing would hurry along. The cast are all aces. You got Humphrey Bogart, who is the man of all men... definitely one cool guy. Ingrid Bergman, who looks fantastic and throws out such a dramatic performance. Also my boy Claude Rains is up in there and he has a pretty bitchin' stache... love Claude Rains... love em'.

There are a few really memorable scenes (the sing off at Ricks) and a lot of quotable lines ("Here's looking at you kid".) I'd say if you're a film buff and haven't seen this, you should do so. Or don't, go on living in your sheltered little world you've built for yourself, you jerk.


1 comment:

  1. Casablanca is a perfect film. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete