Monday, January 16, 2012

2 Days in the Valley

2 Days in the Valley
(1996) [Trailer]
Director: John Herzfeld (IMDB)

I first watched this movie back in highschool. Or like right after high school...I can't really remember cause I'm an old man. I remember really enjoying it back then, I was curious if it still held up so I thought I'd give it another viewing.

The story is as follows...Teri Hatcher invites her ex husband over to spend the night, but gets mad when he tries to sleep with her. She gets a needle of knock out drugs in her butt cheek, and two guys kill her ex. A cop is scared to get a happy ending. His partner is a racist. This pompous British guy almost dies on Sunset Blvd. One of the killers from earlier holds the Brit and his assistant at gun point after the other killer fails at killing him. The killer cooks them pasta while he has them at gun point. Charlize Theron gets very naked. There's a cat fight between Theron and Hatcher. There's a shoot out. People live. People die.

This movie is all over the place. It's a project I think probably was green-lit due to the success of Pulp Fiction because you can tell the director definitely sweats Tarantino. I wont do a side by side comparison, but this film misses all the cool dialog and other things that makes Pulp Fiction (and all the other Tarantino flicks) great. I didn't hate this, but it just seemed to miss the mark for me on a lots of things, I just felt myself growing tired of it after awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment