Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid


Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
(1969) [Trailer]
Director: George Roy Hill (IMDB)

Many movies are considered "classics". What makes a movie a classic and how long does it take to be bestowed that honor? I recently picked up a few blu-rays that are considered classics that I have not seen. I figured, they were cheap and everyone loves them, so why not. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was the first of that group of blus and now I will tell you if it's a classic or not.

Synopsis: Paul Newman and Robert Redford portray the infamous bank robbing duet, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid... they rob and shoot at people. It's a lot fun.

For westerns, this is as good as it gets. Newman and Redford are awesome together and their chemistry seems 100% legit on screen. I really enjoyed the opening scene, it's filmed with this cool sepia look and also uses lots of interesting close ups. After that, the film heads into a rough account of the real life robbers and it paces itself through that story line effortlessly. Other highlights for me were the chase scenes and the bike ride. The long and short is... this movie is cool and feel timeless to me. So there you go, it's a classic.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I have ever seen this. I will have to add it to my list, or maybe if that Alien(s)+3 care package ever arrived I could check it!

    ReplyDelete