Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom


Moonrise Kingdom
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Wes Anderson (IMDB)

Here's a joke for you... How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb? I don't know, but I guarantee at least one of them has seen a Wes Anderson film. I've been called a hipster and most people find it to be a put down... I don't give a shit... call me whatever the hell you want, you insecure fuck. All I know is that me and all my hipster brethren were out in full force tonight for Anderson's newest baby...Moonrise Kingdom.

Synopsis: Two kids fall in love on a Island in New England during the 60's, then plan to runaway after their parents don't approve.

If you're not into Wes Anderson's whole aesthetic, you're going to hate this film. It's cutesy overload and definitely showcases exactly what Anderson is all about as a film maker. Actually, this might be the most Wes Andersonesque of any of his movies. There's a lot of really interesting visuals, set pieces, and music... as a fan, I was pretty happy. The film stars Bill Murray (of course), Frances McDormand, Bruce Willis, and Edward Norton... all do a fine job in their rolls. The other two stars are the kids... both are first timers, and I'm really luke warm to both of them. They weren't horrible, but they're not the best either. There were a few scenes where their acting stood out, and took me out of the movie.

Moonrise is still in limited release, but should go wide soon.




2 comments:

  1. You're not a hipster. You're too cool to be a hipster. And you eat hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete