Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Tale of Two Sisters


A Tale of Two Sisters
(2003) [Trailer]
Director: Jee-Woon Kim (IMDB)

I think I added this into my Netflix instant queue because I had seen Jee-Woon Kim's I Saw The Devil and really enjoyed it. My wife saw it in the queue and decided to throw it on because she wanted to watch something scary. There were many times during this film that she cowered into my pillow, so I think she made a good pick.

Synopsis: A young girl returns from the nuthouse, her family has to deal with her and also a mysterious apparition.

I am kind of torn on this movie. Part of me liked it, the other part did not.

The execution of the film is next to perfect. Cinematography is about a good as it gets. The score is eerie and the acting is all spot on. Kim was able to create a very creepy vibe throughout and I especially liked how dark everything feels.

The plot is a bit convoluted and left me scratching my head. So much so that both my wife and I had to look up the synopsis on IMDB and see exactly what the fuck just happened. I kinda of understood most of it before looking it up, but there's still a ton of unanswered questions (even after looking it up.) This film as impores the use of a very played out theme in Asian horror, THIS GIRL (illustration by yours truly.)

I don't know, I feel like a rewatch may be in store for the future, until then judge for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment