Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jaws



Jaws
(1975) [Trailer]
Director: Steven Spielberg (IMDB)

I have made no secret of my love for Steven Spielberg (director) on this blog before. Some of my favorite movies of all time have had him involved and in terms of horror Jaws is definitely one of the best.

Synopsis: Like you don't already know.

This is more of a review of the recently released blu-ray for Jaws. Anyone that wants to know why blu-ray is awesome and why they should get rid of their shit DVD's, watch this. I saw Jaws a few months back through On Demand and the differences between that viewing and this one are night and day. The transfer is immaculate and one of the best that I've seen... it looks like it was filmed yesterday.

I don't think there will ever be a reason to move onto another format after blu-ray. If studios just took the right kind of time to clean up older releases that's all you'd need. There is no way this film could look any better.

Oh yeah... as for the film. It's awesome obviously and definitely holds up. I'm pretty sure everyone out there above the age of 25 has probably seen this, if you haven't, go ahead and treat yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment