Monday, August 20, 2012

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?


Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
(1966) [Trailer]
Director: Mike Nichols (IMDB)

One of my best buds, Terrence David, recommended this film to me. Thanks Terrence... are you out there reading this? I hope so, thanks for recommending this fucked up movie to me you weirdo.

Synopsis: A husband and wife get drunk, say screwed up shit to one another and also invite some friends over to join in the fun.

Terrence you still there? I was kidding... this is a wonderful movie and I loved every last minute of it. It's pretty unconventional and I can't think of anything that's even remotely in the same ball park. Its strengths lay in the writing and acting of everyone involved. What Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton pull off is perfect... seriously, I couldn't see anyone else even coming close to their performance. When you think of a typical couple from the 60's, these two are about as far from that as you can get, but that's what I loved about Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. It's so honest and realistic in it's portrayal of a couple who may or may not be so honest and realistic. I can't recommend this film enough and will definitely be picking up a copy for a rewatch in the near future.


1 comment:

  1. Knew you would dig this.

    Your synopsis should be on the back cover of every vhs / beta / dvd / blu-ray copy of this film...and also replace imdb's synopsis, haha.

    ReplyDelete