Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Exorcist


The Exorcist
(1970) [The Greatest Trailer Ever Made!]
Director: William Friedkin (IMDB)

Synopsis: William Friedkin deals one hell of a hand with this thriller about a girl who becomes possessed by the devil.

First... let me start by saying that this is one of the greatest horror movies of all time in my book. It has everything that makes a horror film work... religion, creepy kids, hallucinations, and murder. If you haven't seen this, you're not living life man!

I know I've been on a bit of a Friedkin kick, but I didn't pick this out, my life partner did. We scooped up a new home theater system and this was her selection to test it out. It was a great pick. The Exorcist's sound design deserves a true 5.1 dolby surround sound treatment and the new addition delivered the goods, making this movie experience even scarier. The Exorcist still creeps me out and I can only imagine how terrifying it must have been seeing it back in the 70's... oh yeah that's right... I don't have to imagine. I will leave you with one horrifying image... my old bandmates and I on The Exorcist steps in Georgetown.


No comments:

Post a Comment