Friday, January 13, 2012

Alice In Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland
(1951) [Trailer]

I haven't seen this since elementary school. And even then I'm not even sure if I really watched it. I mean shit, as a kid who knows what's going on. Your parents throw your dumb ass in front of the tube and you veg out. With that I wasn't too sure how much I remembered. So I figured, or actually my wife figured, we should re watch it.

Alice in Wonderland is a classic and I think most people are familiar with the story. Just in case you're not, let me fill you in. Alice is hanging outside a castle one day with her cat. Some rabbit runs by and Alice chases it. She falls down a magic hole and lands in a fucked up alternate reality filled with lots of crazy shit (Wonderland). God only knows what the heads at Disney were smoking when they made this, and it was the 50's. You got: talking doe doe birds, talking flowers, a talking rabbit, a talking cat with stripes, talking playing cards and a bunch of other talking stuff. I would try to explain exactly what happens while she's in Wonderland, but I'd just sound like some doped up hippy.

This movie holds up insanely well for how old it is. The blu-ray looks incredible. This came out in 1951 and it looks like some thing that could be released today. The colors are vibrant and the animation is superb. The story really isn't the best but everything else really keeps it cohesive. If you're into art, especially Disney stuff, check it. I don't smoke the weed, but I would imagine this would be a pretty good time if you were blazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment