Thursday, January 12, 2012

Raising Arizona





Raising Arizona
(1987) [Trailer]
Directors: Ethan Coen (IMDB), Joel Coen (IMDB)

Raising Arizona is in my top ten best movies ever. I love it. LOVE IT! I find it to be one of the easiest movies to watch and everything with it... is flawless. How's that for an opener?

Raising Arizona is about an ex con named H.I. (played by the great Nicolas Cage.) H.I. meets the girl of his dreams while in prison, she (Holly Hunter) was a guard there. H.I. is now a free man and decides to go the straight and narrow, but not before stealing a baby. He stole the little guy because his wife is barren and the biological parents had quintuplets. The biological father is Nathan Arizona, who is a rich local furniture king, and he's pissed about the whole ordeal. Meanwhile, Cage and Holly Hunter pretend they adopted the runt but it's not long until their friends start to figure out the truth. Eventually a bounty hunter and some of H.I's prison buddys get into the mix and it gets real fun.

There's nothing wrong with this movie in my opinion. It's perfect. The Coen Brothers, who are also on my best directors list, really knocked this out the park. The camera work is great, some of the angles and special shots they picked are incredible. The score is one of the most memorable in film history. Also the art direction and set pieces are the best ever. But what seals the deal is the casting and acting. Seriously next level. Cage and Hunter are impeccable together, and Jon Goodman and Will Forsythe are hilarious. It was great getting to finally check it out on blu-ray. I would definitely recommend, if you're some weirdo who hasn't seen this, to watch it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment