Friday, January 13, 2012

Contagion

Contagion
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Steven Soderbergh (IMDB)

I really wanted to check Contagion out this year, but sadly, never got around to it. I love Steven Soderbergh's direction and Matt Damon never fails to impress. The last time these two were working together brought forth The Informant!, which I loved, so I was very pumped to see this.

Contagion is a classic outbreak flick. It basically starts with Gwyneth Paltrow cheating on your boy Matt D. She's a dirty whore who picks up a disease because she's unfaithful. Actually she picked it up somewhere in China. Anyways, The disease spreads across the midwest like warm butter on toast. The Government rushes to find a cure and everyone starts to lose it in the aftermath of the illness.

This movie is amazing. It's like a pressure cooker. It starts off pretty tame and then the anxiety keeps building and building. Soderbergh really captures a realistic portrayal of an overall break down of society under a pandemic situation. This movie makes me not want to touch you. Or your family. Or your friends. Or anything you own. It makes me want to lock myself up in my apartment and not see anyone ever...wait I think that's where I'm at already in my life...shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment