Saturday, March 3, 2012

Inferno




Inferno
(1980) [Trailer]
Director: Dario Argento (IMDB)

My buddy Justin is in town and last night we were trying to figure out something to watch. We decided to go ahead and throw on a Dario Argento film, because that's the kinda mood Justin was in. I'd never seen this movie and Justin telling me that "I don't really recommend this, but I kind of wanna watch it" doesn't really help get me very pumped up on it. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Fuck... trying to explain what this movie is about is hard. There's a book and a building.... yeah.... There's a lot of people who die, and I don't really know anything about them. They're some witches or something.

This movie is awesome in a lot of ways and not so awesome in a lot of other ways. The story is completely lame, and really slow. The acting isn't all that impressive, and the character building is almost nonexistent. I do love the direction however. The lighting and colors in this stand out in a good way, it reminds me of Mario Bava's Black Sabbath (the movie not the band.) The set pieces are really fantastic and there's ton of rad imagery scattered throughout. The practical effects are really cool too, especially the knife through the throat and the floating corpse. I don't know, I'm mixed on this, you can check it out on Netflix instant HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment