Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tower Heist




Tower Heist
(2011) [Trailer]
Director: Brett Ratner (IMDB)

Man... remember when Eddie Murphy used to be funny? Watching Delirious as a kid (even though I wasn't allowed too), I thought it was the best thing ever. Or Coming to America, or Trading Places, shit.... now we get Norbit and Shrek. So I was kinda excited to see him starring in Tower Heist as a criminal and overall bad ass, let's see if that excitement was valid.

Ben Stiller, Casey Affleck, Michael Pena, and this girl all work in a super fancy building in Manhattan. The owner, who they all trusted, is really a douche and he basically screwed their retirement away. With the help of Eddie and Ferris Bueller, they plan a heist to rob the building and get their money back.

I was really hoping this movie would deliver a lot more in the way of comedy. It wasn't funny at all. I think I chuckled once or twice, mainly at Michael Pena. Eddie is completely stale, and basically only in the last act of the film. It did hold my attention, so it's got that going for it. With the people involved this should have been a lot better, I am gonna say go ahead and pass on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment