Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Django Unchained


Django Unchained
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Quentin Tarantino [IMDB]

Django and The Hobbit were my two most anticipated films of the year and I knew when I heard the release date for this where I'd be Christmas day... at my house opening up presents. Well, that and at the theater to lay my eyes on Mr Tarantino's new baby.

Synopsis: A German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) frees a slave  named Django (Jamie Foxx) who he enlists to help track down felons. The two then team up to help Django free his enslaved wife.

I had a real good time watching Django Unchained tonight, it's an extremely fun movie. Waltz and Foxx work so well together on screen and their dialogue is something you would come to expect from a Tarantino film, but the two of them really sold it well. Django is a hilarious film, but then the next minute it's serious and then the next minute after that it's brutally violent. It's a hard line to walk but one Quentin does very effectively. I loved the score and cinematography, as I normally do with most his films. Leonardo DiCaprio played his role perfectly... it was actually one of my favorite performances from him. It was also nice to see some cameos in Django, especially Walter Goggins from The Shield and Crockett from Miami Vice. I can't really think of anything bad to say about the film, it won me over and I would highly recommend it.... unless you're offended by bad language and the killing of slave owners.



No comments:

Post a Comment