Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Re-Animator


Re-Animator
(1985) [Trailer]
Director: Stuart Gordon [IMDB]

I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid and I had honestly forgotten most of it. I remember there being lots of blood and nudity... you know what...  my memory is actually better than I thought.

Synopsis: A mad scientist invents a serum that brings the recently deceased back to life.

First, the good. The gore is amazing. You get tons of blood and guts... if you're squeamish I'd avoid this title. There's lots of nudity too, not just boobs, but like naked dead people trying to kill you... which is way better than plain old boobs. Stylistically, it's an impressive horror film with some of the best opening title credits out there and a killer score to boot.

Now, the bad. The acting is shit in many spots throughout its run time, it's a campy horror movie, so it's a little more forgivable I guess. The story is decent, but it's a bit predictable, especially the ending.

I'd definitely recommend this if you're into horror, especially from the golden age of the 80's.


No comments:

Post a Comment