Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III


A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III
(2013) [Trailer]
Director: Roman Coppola [IMDB]

A movie starring Charlie Sheen, Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, Patricia Arquette and directed by Roman Coppola... sign me up.

Synopsis: Charles Swan is overly imaginative designer whose girlfriend dumps him and his life starts to spiral out of control.

I saw the trailer for this back in November and it piqued my interest. It reminded me of a Wes Anderson film (who Coppola has teamed up with numerous times) but trailers can be misleading. This definitely has that Anderson feel, only not as effective. Visually Charles Swan has some cool moments but not enough to keep it afloat. I found myself starting to tune out around the 45 minute mark and everything became mildly interesting. There's not a strong story here either, it's more a series of made up events that weave in and out of a break up. Everyone does a swell job, but nothing stood out as amazing or note worthy. With the people involved I excepted a lot more.

It's in limited release and also available for early screenings on video on demand. I will say if you like the people involved check it out, maybe you'll find something I missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment