Monday, July 23, 2012

Boat Trip


Boat Trip
(2002) [Trailer]
Director: Mort Nathan (IMDB)

My friend Thor requested on Facebook that I review this movie and I decided to take his order and dive into the cool waters that are home to Boat Trip. I'd never seen this film and based off the synopsis, it didn't look promising.

Synopsis: Two single straight guys accidentally book at trip aboard a gay cruise ship and the comedy ensues.

After 10 minutes into this I realized I had seen this movie, I take back what I said back earlier. Is it bad that I totally blocked any memory of this film from my mind? I don't think so. This movie is pretty shitty, but not awful. Surprisingly, I found there to be a lot of funny moments.  The absurdity of how these character act is unbelievable, but it's a stupid comedy, so I guess realism is out the door.

I don't know.... I could bash this film for a ton of reasons I guess, but it just seems as silly as the movie itself. It was entertaining enough and if you're in the mood to see Cube Gooding Jr do drag (cause I always am)... check it out.

Edit: Best parts about this film are Will Ferrell and James Bond.


1 comment: