Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Event Horizon


Event Horizon
(1997) [Trailer]
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson (IMDB)

This review is only for my brother Steve Williams. If you are not Steve Williams close this page immediately. Ok Steve are you still there? Good... here we go.

Synopsis: You know the synopsis already man, you're the one that told me to watch this.

Good recommendation, I enjoyed this a lot. It's a nice blend of Alien meets The Thing meets Hellraiser... all wrapped up into a nice package. The effects seemed to hold up nicely and there were some spectacular set pieces... I especially loved the image of the astronaut walking down the hallway towards the gravity drive. The horror elements were really effective... the one scene of "hell" is quite disturbing and secured the film an extra star. Adrienne said "I don't like that woman's scary red eyes" so it's also doing something right there.

I will bump this into my top 50 just for you, cause I love you.... also cause it's creepy as shit.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! Sad you were not a little more over the top about it! Personally I feel its a top ten, but I am glad it is on your top 50.

    ReplyDelete