Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Parents


Parents
(1989) [Trailer]
Director: Bob Balaban (IMDB)

I like to drink, especially red wine. It helps dull the pain of this mundane world I live in...

Anyways, I got house ripped last night and decided to watch this movie. When I started this I thought... am I really drunk? I was not... it's just this movie... it's weird as shit. 

Synopsis: Two red wine lovin' and red meat lovin' parents are raising a young boy in the 50's. The kid starts to realize the red meat served at dinner may not be prime rib, but prime human.

I really enjoyed this movie, much more then I thought I would before I put it in. I loved Cousin Eddie's performance in this, the little kid was surprisingly good as well. The 50's modern look to this worked really well with it's creepy tone. There's a few segments which were pretty intoxicating, I don't know how else to describe them. I don't do the weed, but if I did, I would imagine this would be a good movie to get a pizza and zone out on. This isn't too scary, more of a thriller, I'd compare it to The Stepford Wives meets David Lynch.

It's on Netflix instant... Dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment