Tuesday, April 17, 2012

21 Jump Street




21 Jump Street
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Phil Lord (IMDB), Chris Miller (IMDB)

I'll be honest, I wasn't really planning on seeing this today, I actually wanted to check out John Carter but it's already been yanked from every theater in NYC (guess it really did do that bad.) I had heard this movie was actually pretty funny, so I decided to give it a poke.

Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are two cops who are sent into a local high school to infiltrate a secret drug ring.

I was originally told, go into this movie with no expectations and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I went in with them (expectations), after being told it was good, but was still happy with the outcome. It's really hilarious at times and has some good action scenes. Tatum and Hill make a good team and seem to have genuine chemistry. I liked that it took shots at itself for being an unoriginal remake and for having a lot of cliches (i.e. Ice Cube playing the angry black police captain.) I also really enjoyed the drug use... that sounds bad... the scenes where they are enjoying the effects of drugs... never mind. The movie did have some pacing issues and I felt like it dragged on a bit, but nothing too damaging overall. James Franco's brother is a spitting image of him. That's all I got.

I'd recommend this if you're looking for a decent comedy. Nothing mind blowing but a fun time.


No comments:

Post a Comment