Wednesday, April 18, 2012

John Carter




John Carter
(2012) [Trailer]
Director: Andrew Stanton (IMDB)

I posted yesterday in my review for 21 Jump Street that my initial movie of choice was John Carter, but unfortunately it had been yanked out of all the theaters in NYC... I was wrong. I found it and decided to check it out today. I had heard tons of mixed reviews about this movie and wasn't sure what I was gonna get.

John Carter is transported to Mars from Earth and thrown into the middle of a war between the locals.

I really enjoyed this movie a lot more then I thought I would. I figured (based off what I heard) it'd be pretty bad to middle of the road, but it's much better in my opinion. It performed extremely poor at the box office and lost Disney a ton of money, but I can say after watching it, it's not because of the film. It's a very solid sci-fi flick, and keeping in mind how old the story is, the retelling of it to the big screen was pretty seamless. Tim Riggins was excellent in this as JC... not Jesus Christ... John Carter. The special effects were very well done and looked fantastic in 3D. It can be a bit confusing at times and a little muddled, but if you stay with it through the end, everything eventually makes sense. I would recommend you get on this, it's still in theaters, not sure for how long though. The trailer is HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment