Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Goonies




The Goonies
(1985) [Trailer]
Director: Richard Donner (IMDB)

Another Richard Donner (check out my last review of The Toy) classic, this time it's a team up with Steven Spielberg. The Goonies is one of my all time favorites so this review is gonna be a love fest. If you're a negative dude and hate this movie, you might as well close the page. I probably have seen this movie more than any other but I've never seen it on blu-ray and it was a sort of homecoming if you will.

The Goonies centers around a group of kids in Astoria, Oregon who's parents are about to lose their homes to a new golf course. The kids......Shit I don't need give you a synopsis...you've seen this movie and if you haven't, you're an idiot.

There's so much I love about this movie. It starts right out the gate with action and grabs your attention, from there it never let's go. There's so much Spielberg all over the place, and it's awesome. Thrills, traps, adventure, pirates, freaks, geeks, and friendship all wrapped up in a neat little pill. I don't know if my love for this movie is tied to nostalgia or what, but I don't care either way.

The transfer to blu-ray is incredible. It's never looked so good.

FYI I'm gonna start calling my money 'rich stuff' from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment